Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Sweden just gets better and better

In response to some comments regarding the new Workers Paradise, Sweden, I thought I would check the place out further. This document has the detail but the guts of it is this:

  • State taxe rate of 29% -34%
  • plus national taxes of 20% - 26%
  • plus additional taxes of 1.5% for "the rich"
  • plus contributions to a pension scheme
  • plus a VAT(GST) of 12% - 25%. Most commonly 25%
  • Corporate tax rates of only 28%

So, all we have to do to be a super dooper place like Sweden is:

  • Double our GST
  • Raise personal taxes
  • Lower corporate taxes
  • Introduce compulsory military conscription
  • Halve our migrant intake
  • Increase our private sector
  • Drive Volvos

It seems to me that all the folks sitting around the bong, twirling their dreads and dreaming of Sweden, the workers paradise, have never bothered to check the joint out. As usual.

I think I will change my name to "Skye Moonunit Gaia Johnhowardisalyingbastard Gibson"

But you can call me Gibbo still.

You don't need a long neck to be a goose!


No comments: